With the warmer weather sneaking in, it’s definitely more spring/summer vibes, so here are my six (late) spring essentials.
- A white shirt – a timeless, versatile piece that should be a part of every woman’s wardrobe. You can dress it up, dress it down and it keeps you cool. I’m currently planning a blog based on the many different ways you can wear a white shirt, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Gingham – gingham is the must-have pattern for 2017, appearing in high-end and high-street window displays everywhere. It’s such a cute pattern and deserves to be a statement.
- A good pair of denim shorts – cooler weather, wear with leggings of thin tights; warmer weather, dare to bare. My shorts are Levi jeans reworked into shorts and I’ve customised them with a little Bowie patch. Denim shorts go with everything.
- Sunglasses – featured in my April Favourites post were my Kat Von D-esque sunnies from Primark. Handbag essential. Cool as a cucumber.
- A nude lip – swap your deep cool purples and slates for a warm peach or coral to give a more spring/summer look. My top picks are Borjois in Peach Club, Mac in Velvet Teddy and No7 Lip Crayon in Daydream.
- A floral fragrance – move away from woody winter scents and start using a more floral fragrance. My spring scent is Ghost – Sweetheart as it’s light and airy.