I think we’re all guilty of a little road rage, and as a relatively new driver I become incredibly frustrated with people who drive shit, having just spent over a year learning to drive. Like, have you paid hundreds of pounds to get your licence then drive like a bloody buffoon? So here are some pet peeves I’m sure you’ll agree with.
- Phones – my worst one is when you start braking and check your mirror and you can see the person behind you hasn’t started to brake because they’re on their phone
- Swaying – when someone can’t just stick to the middle of the road – are you pissed? Are you on your phone? What?
- Break before indicating – WHY ARE YOU BRAKING?? GO?? Oh you’re turning, cheers for signalling.
- Giving up right of way – don’t just bloody stop!? It’s your right of way. Take it.
- Ignoring right of way – when someone thinks it’s okay to just bully their way through when it’s your right of way.
- Not thanking – I let you through, how hard is it to lift a finger off your steering wheel?
- Thanking after pulling out – don’t pull out on me then thank me you patronising piece of shit.
- Unnecessary overtaking – if I’m doing the speed limit. Please don’t overtake me.
- Beeping when not safe to go – if I’m at a roundabout and I’ve not pulled off it’s because a. it’s certainly not safe or b. I’m not 100% sure it’s safe. Don’t you dare rush me.
- Laneswapping – going from left to centre to right to centre won’t make you get anywhere any quicker when there’s traffic.
- No indicating – Audi’s and BMW’s apparently aren’t fitted with working indicators.
- Too slow/too fast – Nothing worse than people speeding dangerously, except being stuck behind someone doing 20MPH when you need to be somewhere.
- Middle lane hogging – STOP DOING IT.
- Tailgating – the closer you drive to the back of my car, the slower I’ll drive. Back the fuck up.
Sorry for the lack of pictures in this one guys – difficult to source!
What Pet Peeves do you have that I’ve missed?