I’ve been nominated by the lovely Alice for The Bloggers Recognition Award. I think that these kind of tags are a lovely idea to help build each other up, because if you aren’t a blogger you would not believe the amount of drama in the community. Supporting other bloggers is so important, and it’s always nice to be nominated to participate.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Write a post to show the award.
• Give a brief story of how your blog started.
• Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
• Nominate 5 other bloggers you want to pass this award to.
• Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
My blog had been up and running for 18 months soon! I was leaving Sixth Form and it was the summer before University; I wanted something to do that would help me enhance my writing skills, my online presence and my knowledge of the media, and so I just started to write about everything. I was really shocked at the response and how well it went down, and here we are over a year on.
My top two tips for new bloggers
- Be nice. Get involved with the community and engage with other bloggers – we aren’t your competition. We all have our own niche and we’re all from different places, you don’t have to be against us or feel like we’re against you. There is far too much drama in the community and it certainly doesn’t need more negativity. Lead with the mindset that ‘if it’s not nice, don’t say it’ and ‘real queens fix each others crowns’.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get. You want to review incredible products? Get in touch with the brand. The worst that could happen is that they say no… the best, they say yes. But you won’t know if you don’t try. By this I don’t mean just go around like ‘erm, hi, I’m a blogger, can I do a review?’ – your blog is a business, so e-mail like one. Media Kits are also a really good tool to have, and if you don’t know where to start with one, then feel free to drop me a message!
Ellie Louise Hirst
Dreams and Lashes