As winter creeps in, all we want to do is wear some bold autumnal lipsticks, but there’s always the dilemma of dry, cracked lips that ruins our day.
Here are some steps you can take to get your perfect pout back in time for the party season.
- Makeup Removal – take care to remove all makeup at the end of the day. Keeping up a good skincare routine is great practice anyway.
- Exfoliate – exfoliating your lips will remove any dead cells and help with cell rejuvenation for a plumper pout. I’m currently using the Lush Lip Scrub in the scent Sugar Plum Fairy. It’s sugar based and edible, it smells super festive and works a treat. If the purse strings are a bit tight, then you could use a damp toothbrush and gently rub it over your lips in a circular motion.
- Moisturise – before bed, I love to use my EOS Strawberry Lip Balm to moisturise my lips.
- Protection – in the day, it’s important to use SPF, even if it’s not sunny. I protect my lips with Lipsyl’s SPF50.
Other tips for healthy lips:
- Drink plenty of water – this is probably self-explanatory, but keeping yourself hydrated will keep your skin and lips hydrated too
- Don’t lick your lips – licking your lips may provide temporary relief, but the moisture evaporate quickly, leaving your lips drier than before
- Avoid matte lipsticks for a few days – matte/long-lasting lip products tend to contain waxes that dry out your lips, try avoiding them for a couple of days whilst your lips recover.