The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear (and shopping independently, supporting local business’ and economy).
I am a big believer in shopping independent where possible, and you will often form bonds with the owners of your favourite stores. It makes your shopping experience so much more personal and hand crafted.
I’ve put together a few of my favourite local indie stores where you can treat your loved ones to something special this Christmas, feeling proud that you’ve added to someone else’s Christmas too.
For the lover of all things vintage and qwirky. Sparrowhawk has all the funky gifts and jewellery for you to swoon over – trust me, whatever you buy you’ll probably end up keeping for yourself.
- Mug – £7 – for the friend with the resting bitch face (fyi, I am that friend)
- Boho Hanging Decorations – £2 each – for that boho babe to brighten their bedroom
- Candles – prices average £2-7 and can be purchased individually or as sets. There’s catci, flowers, skulls, pinapples… you’re bound to find something your friend will love
- Sterling Silver Earrings – £5-£10 – who doesn’t love some dainty jewellery?
- Hip flasks – £9.50 – one for the boys? They even have gorgeous gift bags to go with them!
- Silver Ethnic Ash Catchers – £4-£5 – know someone that burns incense? These ash catchers are absolutely beautiful
Love and Light Shala
For the budding yogi in your life, or someone who wants to try something new in 2018. Maybe you know of someone who wants to get fit in spring. The Love and Light Shala are offering some gorgeous holistic wellness gifts for you to gift.
- This Works candles – £18.50 – From ‘Neroli and Sweet Orange’ to ‘Lavender and Vetivert’, there’s a scent for everyone in this relaxing candle range.
- YogaMatters Yoga Mat – £15.50 – Treat them to a quality piece of equipment to help them along their yoga journey
- YogaMatters Eye Pillow or Yoga Brick – £5.50 – Both of these pieces of kit will help a learning yogi, support a local business, and be kind to the purse strings.
- Mr Popple’s Chocolate Bars – £3.50 or 3 for £10 – Made of Raw Cacao, this tasty treat has some great health benefits too
- Aromatherapy Associates ‘Star Jewels Gift Set’ – £29.50 – a beautiful gift set of shower and bath oils
- Love and Light Shala ‘Live Your Yoga Retreat Day’ (one yoga retreat day) – £59.50
- Or you could give a ‘Whatever You Wish’ gift card (min £12.50) so that your yogi can purchase whatever they wish
Blossom and Tied
Would you like to send a loved one some flowers this Christmas? Perhaps even a bouquet for someone who isn’t with us this Christmas. Blossom and Tied are offering YOU an exclusive offer. A bunch of flowers just like these for just £15 if you mention my blog when ordering!
For the four-legged furry friends in your life, who deserve an extra treat (or 10) at Christmas. I’ve spoiled my dog rotten with goodies from Hounds this Christmas!
- Bottom Sniffer Beer for Dogs – £3 – alcohol free beer to be served as a drink or over food. It’s available all year at Hounds but makes the perfect gift
- Edgard Cooper Festive Game Christmas Dinner – £1.50-£2.50 – Filled with game, sprouts and bacon, it is packed with probiotics and vitamins as well as being grain free
- Lily’s Kitchen Christmas Treats – £3.50 – Baked heart shaped biscuits filled with turkey, cranberries, thyme and cinnamon
- House of Paws Christmas Jumpers – from £12.99 – available in Christmas pudding, penguin or reindeer designs
- House of Paws Silent Night Toy Range – £7 – available in Santa, Rudolph and Elf designs, with the option of no stuffing or squeaker, or just squeaker free. Perfect for entertaining your dog without disrupting your x-mas movie night
- House of Paws Christmas bandanna range – £8 – from Christmas pudding to ‘bah, humbug’ and ‘Santa, I can explain’ designs. These bandannas are easy to wear and fleeced inside for warmth
The Marzipan Pig
The Marzipan Pig, formerly TSP, have recently transformed into a gift store selling beautiful homewear and gifts. There’s something for everyone, your mum, nan, dad, sister, brother… name it. They got it.
- Nikki McWilliams biscuit pins – £7.50 – to jazz up any denim jacket or school/uni bag
- Geo planter – £8.50 – I love this. A gorgeous modern hanger for the cacti lover in your life
- Unicorn room scent – £8.80 – because unicorns are the in thing and you have to embrace it
- Kinto Travel Tumbler – £30.00 – everyone needs a good travel mug!
- Donna Wilson socks – £8.00 – brighten up someones day with some funky socks
- Beardy mugs – £19.99 – how awesome are these though??
- Thornback and Peel cosmetic bag – £22.00 – a stylish and roomy cosmetics bag perfect for traveling
- Coco Chocolatier Gin and tonic chocolate – £4.95 – GIN AND TONIC CHOCOLATE
- Handmade Candle Co Reed defuser – £14.00 – beautifully branded reed defuser to make your home smell beautiful
Charms and Chains
For that funky gal in your life, Charms and Chains have you covered.
- Hip flask – £9 – for the party girl, a hipflask to totally not sneak booze into clubs
- Gin & tonic tea lights – £3.75 – again, GIN AND TONIC
- Unicorn candle and Mermaid candle – £5 – who wouldn’t love these?
- Unicorn water bottle – £5 – for the gym go-er or for you to sneak gin into work
- Dachshund salt and pepper set – £6.50 – I know a few dog crazy ladies that would LOVE this set! I’m sure you do too!
Do you know a Craft Ale enthusiast? Or just someone who enjoys an unusual or inventive tipple? Get at BottleCraft and they’ll sort you out.
- Gordon’s Christmas set – £25 – four beers and a glass in a funky Christmas set
- Custom sets – vary in price – you can choose either a set of 3 or a set of 6 from the shelves and make your own gift set, it could be from less than a tenner up to £30
- Gift vouchers – if you aren’t sure what someone drinks, just grab a voucher and let them pick themselves!