My very first post on this blog was A Fresh Start, complete with 50 facts about me.
My friend Mel is looking at starting a blog, so I was showing her the post and I realised how out-of-date it was!
Back then, I hadn’t even started uni but was excited to do so and eager to get writing.
Here are the 50 facts about me updated to my life now.
- My full name is Bethan Maria Rose Shufflebotham, which may seem long, but Jake has five middle names (yeah, five.)
- My birthday is 22/12/1997 (I’m 20-years-old)
- I have a brother (Karl, 27) and a sister (Kirsty, 28)
- We recently lost our Staffie Lyla, who was my baby when I started blogging. We now have Phoebe! You can read about Lyla here, and Phoebs here
- My boyfriend, Jake, is an absolute worldie, supports me through everything and wants nothing more than for me to do well
- I met Jake on Twitter
- I have two tattoos – you can read about what they mean here
- I have one niece, who is three. Terrible threes.
- I have 8 ear piercings and my belly done. I did have my neck pierced but it grew out
- I’m an indie music lover
- Liam is my fave Gallagher brother
- This Is England is my favourite film/series
- Game of Thrones and Stranger things joint second
- I used to be obsessed just with Cara Delevingne, but you can check out all my Magababes here and here
- My Crosley record player is my pride and joy, as is my vinyl collection
- I own 36 vinyl, and my collection is ever growing
- I’m a pretty busy gal – I’m a Healthcare Advisor, Blogger, Music Journalist, Photographer and student
- I’m a big supporter of the local music scene and shopping local
- I quit dancing after 17 years
- I’ve broken my nose twice
- I’ve been on holiday to Cornwall every year since I was born
- I’ve travelled to Cologne, Berlin, Gran Canaria, Paris, Florence and Pisa
- I don’t like holidays dedicated to the beach
- I’m ginger and fair skinned, the sun is not my friend
- On average I drink about 10 cups of tea a day
- I have so many books it’s ridiculous, my bookcase is bursting. My favourites include the Harry Potter franchise and My Sisters Keeper
- I don’t cry in public – I was always told not to as a kid and it’s something that’s always stuck with me
- The only other language I can speak is basic German and basic sign language, along with some profanities in Italian and French thanks to foreign exchange students
- I binge-watch series. I can’t help it. You can see some I’ve binged here.
- Ricky Gervais’ comedy has me in stitches, proper British humour
- I used to play guitar and sing a little, now I tend to just sing to my dog
- My favourite season is Autumn
- I failed my theory and practical driving test first time round but passed them both second
- I have 15 GCSE’s, 4 Alevels and an AS – I was always that stubborn kid in school – people told me I wouldn’t cope with that much work so I made a point of doing it
- I can’t swim, but I can surf
- I loved Fred Perry in the original 50 Facts post, but didn’t own any… now my collection is huge and ever growing!
- When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina
- I hate feet touching me, but love having my feet massaged
- I love disposable and polaroid cameras
- I’d love to be a sophisticated, classy lady and be able to drink wine with my meal and what have you, but I don’t really like it… I can deal with a glass of white on occasion
- Gin is my fave
- I adore baby animals – anything small, cute and fluffy
- I love a good excuse to wear fancy dress, in the past I’ve been supergirl, Minnie Mouse and a Mermaid
- The only thing I can bake is cheesecake (my recipe is here)
- Lush is my fave for bath products
- I swear by No7 for skincare
- I have 9 cacti, plus lots of ornamental ones, but I really want a swiss cheese plant
- I want to go travelling to lots of different places; Venice is one I’m desperate to visit.
- I am obsessed with David Bowie and I’m still not over his death
- I have favourite mugs and I don’t like it when other people use them
And that concludes my 50 facts about me post. It’s crazy to think how much has changed since the first one!