Hope your quizmates have subscribed to Disney+ – I mean, who hasn’t? Since it’s one of the saving graces of being stuck in the house during the pandemic, it’s only fair to throw a Disney quiz round into your weekly virtual Zoom.
I’ve been taking part in two virtual quizzes each week – one with my family and one with my work colleagues. We all take it very seriously, and the winner hosts the next quiz. Most of these questions have been tried and tested in said weekly quizzes, so hopefully you’ll love them too!
Disney Quiz Round One: General Knowledge
This is your average question and answer round (only so much better since its a Disney quiz). In the below round, there are 20 questions with a possible 24 points available. I always award a point per correct answer. If a question requires three names in an answer, the quizzers receive one point for each correct name.
- Where does Winnie the Pooh Live?
- Who voices adult Nala in the Lion King re-make
- Who was the first Disney princess
- In what decade did Walt Disney die
- Duke Caboom, Canada’s greatest stuntman is voiced by which American actor
- What is the name of the puppet maker in Pinocchio
- Who teaches Mowgli the bare necessities of life?
- What does Dumbo hold in his trunk to help him fly?
- Name the three kittens in Aristocats
- What does Ariel in The Little Mermaid give to Ursula so she can have legs?
- Will smith played the genie in the live action remake of Aladdin, but who was the character originally played by
- In Zootopia, what kind of animal is Flash?
- What are the names of the Fox and the Hound
- What are the names of Hades’s henchmen in Hercules
- In what year was Bambi released?
- In Toy Story, Slinky is based on what breed of dog?
- Which city is 101 Dalmatians based in?
- What is Mulan’s ‘male’ name
- Oliver & Company was based on which Charles Dickens story
- Which Disney film is the highest grossing animated film of all time?
- Hundred Acre Wood
- Snow White
- Keanu Reeves
- A feather
- Marie, Tulouse, Berlioz
- Her voice
- Robin Williams
- Todd and Cooper
- Pain and Panic
- Oliver Twist
- Frozen 2
Disney Quiz Round Two: Who said that?
In this round, the quizmaster should read the quote aloud. Quizzers need to guess who said it, and what movie it’s from. This means there are two points per question, and 20 points available in the round.
- “If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you’re a princess.”
- “Pull the lever Kronk”
- “Oh dear, I’m late for a very important date!”
- “Fish are friends, not food,”
- “Doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.”
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.”
- “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”
- “Ladies don’t start fights, but they can finish them!”
- “Whassa matta for you, Joe? I break-a your face-e! Tonight, he’s-a get the best in the house!”
- “Faint hearts never won fair lady”
- Maui, Moana
- Yzma, The Emperor’s New Groove
- White Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland
- Bruce, Finding Nemo
- Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin
- Zeus, Hercules
- Rafiki, The Lion King
- Marie, Aristocats
- Tony, Lady and The Tramp
- Robin Hood, Robin Hood
Disney Quiz Round Three: Name the Sidekicks
Every Disney hero has a fabulous sidekick. For this round, you could work some of the matches either way. The quizmaster should name the main character, with quizzers naming the sidekick(s).
Below, I have 12 main characters listed beside their sidekicks. There is a total of 20 points available. For example, if the quizmaster names Aurora, the quizzers should write Flora, Fauna and Merriweather, which would gain them three points.
- Ariel – Flounder and Sebastian
- Jasmine – Rajah
- Aladdin – Abu
- Rapunzel – Pascal and Maximus
- Mulan – Mushu
- Anna – Olaf
- Pocahontas – Meeko and Flit
- Merida – Angus
- Cinderella – Gus and Jaq
- Belle – Cogsworth and Lumiere
- Aurora – Flora, Fauna and Merriweather
- Moana – Pua and Heihei
Disney Quiz Round Four: Name That Song
For this music round, collate a playlist of 10 – 15 Disney songs. I’ve embedded my Spotify playlist of Disney songs if you don’t have time to create your own. Play 10 – 15 seconds of the intro of the track. The longer you leave the track to play, the easier it is to guess, so you can adjust the difficulty accordingly.
There are points up for grabs for naming the song title correctly, and a second point for the film the song is from. In the round I’ve created below, there would be 30 points to work for. For bonus points, you could ask for the name of the singer – this is great for questions where the artist is particularly famous, like Will Smith or Elton John.
Disney Quiz Round Five: Finish The Lyric
1 You think the only people who are people, are the people who…”
Look and think like you – Pocahontas, Colours of the Wind
2 “Let the storm rage on…”
The cold never bothered me anyway – Frozen, Let It Go
3 “Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities. Forget about…”
Your worries and your strife – The Jungle Book, Bear Necessities
4 “It means no worries for the rest of your days. It’s our…”
Problem free philosophy – The Lion King, Hakuna Matata
5 “Everybody wants to be a cat, because a cat’s the only cat…”
Who knows where it’s at – Aristocats, Everybody Wants to be a Cat
6 “Cruella De Vil, Cruella De Vil, if she doesn’t scare you…”
No evil thing will – 101 Dalmatians, Cruella De Vil
7 “The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is that…”
I’m the only one – Christopher Robin, The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
8 “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Even though the sound of it…”
Is something quite atrocious – Mary Poppins, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
9 “Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat?…”
Wouldn’t you think my collection’s complete – The Little Mermaid, Part of Your World
10 “When you wish upon a star…”
Makes no difference who you are – Pinocchio, Wish Upon a Star