I promised I wouldn’t spend any more money in November but when River Island reduced their beauty advent calendar by more than half price ahead of Black Friday, how could I resist?
Beauty advent calendars have been growing in popularity for a number of years now, and this year is the first that River Island has released their own version. Originally priced at £79, the box contains beauty and skincare products worth a whopping £290.
So, when I saw it slashed to £35, I hit ‘add to basket’ faster than trying to get a December nail appointment, and ordered it for next day delivery so I could make sure it was here before it was time to open up door number one.
The beauty advent calendar comes in a beautiful pink and green box, which has been designed to be kept, reused or even filled back up with treats to be regifted. Inside, you’ll find 24 boxes packed with cosmetics, skin and hair care products, including 18 full sized products, four travel sized products and two sample sized products to ensure you have the most pampered Christmas countdown. And at the current reduced price, each product comes in at around £1.45 – which is a total steal considering some of the brands inside.
The set includes some extremely popular names and viral products such as Spectrum, Eyeko and Revolution, with mascaras for flutter-worthy lashes and lipsticks for that perfect pout.
One of the reasons I decided to purchase this calendar, despite being on a spending ban for unnecessary purchases, was for the fact that the Shay and Blue Blood Orange 10ml perfume included is worth £25 alone. They’re one of my favourite fragrance brands and I’m often looking out for deals and offers in their newsletters, so this felt like a great way to stock up on my perfume collection at an affordable price.
The box also contains the River Island Amber and Vanilla perfume worth £16, which sounds like it will fit in perfectly with my fragrance wardrobe, adding a touch of spice with its comforting but bold scent. Already we’ve exceeded the price paid for the calendar, with 22 more days left to uncover, so you can already see what great value for money it is at the newly reduced price.
Other products I’m really excited to try include the Bellapierre Cosmetics Pro Blush Quad Palette, IN YOUR DREAMS Cephus Stayr Face, Body and Hair Jewels and the MUDMASKY Vitamin-A Blue Clay Mask, as well as Cetaphil’s much loved viral cleanser and Revolution lip products.
And if you’re picking up a few other bits from River Island this festive season, whether it’s a Christmas party outfit or stocking fillers for friends and family, if you spend over £50, you can get an extra 15 per cent off with the code BFPREVIEW.
This makes the calendar just £29.75. It does mean you’ll have to spend £15 more to save that extra £5.25 – but if it’s Christmas presents you were going to buy anyway, it’s worth buying them all in one order to get the discount.
Here’s every single item included in the advent calendar.
- Spectrum Collections A17 Pink Precision Angled Brow Brush
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
- Mine Tan Illuminating Facial Tan Mist
- Wet Brush Original Black Detangler
- We Are Paradox Volume Blowdry Spray
- Umberto Giannini Curl Jelly Scrunching Jelly
- Aroma Active Laboratories Sleep Salt Soak
- Aurelia London Balance & Citrus Cleanser
- BEAUTYPRO Retinol 1% Overnight Serum
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Pro Blush Quad Palette
- BYBI Beauty Eye Pump
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser & Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
- Dr. Lipp Ltd Original Nipple Balm for Dry Skin, Luscious Lips and Glossy Bits
- Glaze Super Colour Conditioning Gloss in Sheer Glow
- Glisten Cosmetics Ltd Wet Liner
- IN YOUR DREAMS Cephus Stayr – Face, Body and Hair Jewels
- KISS Gel Fantasy Nails – Freshen Up
- Le Mini Macaron “Oh My Chérie” Hand Cream
- MUDMASKY Vitamin-A Blue Clay Mask
- Primalash Demi-Lash Fling
- Revolution Satin Kiss Lipliner Chauffeur Nude OR Revolution Satin Kiss Lipstick Boss Wine
- River Island Amber & Vanilla EDP
- Shay & Blue Blood Oranges Natural Spray Fragrance
- The Konjac Sponge Co Green Tea Heart Sponge
The River Island beauty advent calendar 2022 provides nearly £300 worth of makeup and skincare products for around a tenth of the price after being reduced by more than 50 per cent ahead of Black Friday. It’s the perfect excuse to treat yourself or a loved one this Christmas, and if you order quickly, it can still be here before December 1.
What’s more is that it can even be split between friends and family to save money on gifts and stocking fillers this year – but don’t forget to keep something for yourself, of course. I recommend the Shay and Blue perfume.
Want more beauty advent calendar content?
- Six reasons why you should get the Lush Advent Calendar
- What’s inside the £185 Lush Christmas Advent Calendar for 2022
- Inside the £40 M&S Beauty Advent Calendar 2022 that’s worth £300