Whenever I’m going on holiday, I try my best to take essential and versatile makeup so I don’t end up bringing my entire palette collection. As much as I’d like to bring all seven shades of blush I love, I’m realistically only going to wear one.
I recently purchased a Flat Lay Co makeup bag, which would allow me to see all of my makeup at once. The simple, yet incredibly innovative design solves every busy girl’s problems. You quite literally throw all of your products into the centre and pull the drawstring and you’re good to go. No more tipping everything out onto the bed or rummaging around for the one mascara that isn’t dried out. It saves so much time whilst being super stylish.
The Flat Lay co, when flat, acts as a mat on which you can see all of your products. There are eight elastic loops that I find are great for holding things like brow gel, concealer and mascara. It also has an inside pocket with a zip, which I have reserved for lipsticks. Then the centre is a bit of a free for all – but this can still be kept fairly organised by putting any palettes at the bottom and smaller products near the top. The bag also has two outer Velcro pockets, which are good for storing hair clips and bobbles.
Pulling the drawstring tight keeps all your makeup in the centre, and it has a little loop which acts as a handle to carry it around with. I got the tan leopard print design in the regular size for £19.99, but you can get the mini for £17.99. I think the extra £2 for the extra 17cm in diameter is so worth it. The regular bags are 50cm wide when opened, and compact to around 20cm when full. And they’re machine washable too, so you won’t need to buy a new one just because you can’t help dusting your shadow brushes on it.
Shop the Flat Lay Co makeup bag
So, what makeup did I choose to take on holiday?
- Benefit POREfessional pearl primer – mini
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow
- No7 Airbrush Away foundation – Calico
- Dr Jart Beauty Balm
- ELF Flawless Concealer
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blush – Pillowtalk
- Lottie Freckle Tint
- Glossier Cloudpaint in Dusk
- Natural Collection Brow Gel – dark brown
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade – Auburn
- Morphe Painted Desert eyeshadow palette
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes mascara
- Glossier Birthday Balm Dotcom
- Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte – Fire
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat lip liner – Pillowtalk
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution – Pillowtalk
- Saint Luxe Lip Liner – Cupid